Sunday, October 10, 2010
my 4th SSC was Dream Carrier..
size: petite toddler / standard -- petite toddler is the body size - it comes in petite toddler (PT) 16" tall (or 17") and Toddler (18").
standard refers to the strap length -- if u are petite, u can custom for petite strap (petite meaning shorter padding strap so u can cinch higher up) [well, custom slot is so hard to get, u gotta stalk for one, dont ask me how, i donno!! or another alternative is FSOT )
style: Neo (curved shoulder strap), full buckle
hood: attached hoodie hood
print: 'tak tau' on plum brushed twill
i bought this in August (if tak silap) from Rita, an MBW mama who has many surprises carriers/slings *winks*.
this carrier did not work on her cos she's a petite mama. She needs a shorter/petite strap....
it has curved waistband. Note the curved/contoured shoulder strap -- it really great for backcarry!!!!
my first impression -- i drooled on the plum colour!!!!! really love the colour!! the print was not my favorite, but it matches the strap colour so well....
dapat je terus try 'pakai' Faris... sooooo comfortable... esp for backcarry!!! Tak sampai 5 minit, Faris terus tido... padahal tgh makan epal tu...
tengok lah tu... tangan and mulut ada epal lagi tau....
my 1st verdict --- mmg sangat best. Waist best, shoulder PALING BEST!!!!
so, that weekend, aku test drive kat Midvalley during the Parenthood Expo -- meeting few MBW mamas...
i frontcarried Faris... but then, about after 30 minutes, start feeling shoulder strains... erkk...
but Faris fell asleep as usual...
for frontcarry, i got to wear him lower at hips cos he's tall & obstructs my view...
after the meet-up with MBW mamas, we all gi jln2 kat MV, this time try backcarry... erkkk still shoulder strain!!!
look at the waist.. it's not horizontally aligned... was it Faris weight??? Pushing the waistband down and pulling my shoulder down??? arghh.. i hate to admit it... maybe i cant do the curved waist... huhuhu
so, this pretty PTDC is SOLD to another mama... tak try lagi lepas tu sbb takut aku sayang nk let go... tp takpe, tak jauh pon pegi nye, anytime bleh 'pinjam' kan kan kan...
okay my reviews:
prints: strap colour is my fav!! the brushed twill is great. my o&a n kangas are all canvas straps. but the print not my fav! but it is very light yellow... cun jugak..
shoulder strap: the NEO shoulder is GREAT!!! sukaaa sangat.. actually takde la pelik for frontcarry, but BC is the best la.... the width & padding is OK. Compared to XT, XT's shoulder is stiffer.
waistband: it's curved 3pcs structured waistband, i blamed the curved waist. At first it was great, but for longcarry, i donno....
hood: style hoodie hood, attached. I always love the attached hood! senang & it wont be misplaced.. but this was my first hoodie hood -- it's soooo huge. I think i never put the hood on, no point!!! it doesnt support Faris head as it supposed to!!
body size: this was 16" tall body, base width - x sure plak, maybe 15 or 16", quite wide for smaller baby..
- love the shoulder, unfortunately i had shoulder strains with it.. :(. i blamed the curved waist cos i tried PTDC with straight waist, it felt better!
- i did not keep it long... i wanted to move on while there's a buyer lol...
confession: given another chance, or if i have extra fund, i'd like to custom my own DC, a Neo definitely.. with straight waist...
DH says: ok je... hmm mmg buang karen if suruh dia review... sume ok to him...
The Kanga-XT is the carrier that bridges the gap between toddler and big kid. I've had many people ask about a carrier that will be able to grow with their child after they are too big for the Kanga-J. If this is you, this is your carrier! Since the sides of the XT are only 16" tall, children who are just beginning to grow out of the 15" Kanga-J will be able to ride easily with their arms out. This creates less strain on the adult's shoulder's and back since their arms are not pulling on the sides of the carrier. Since the Kanga-XT is rated for 60lbs, one could easily use their Kanga-XT from around 12-14 months (depending on the height of the child) until that child was 4-5 years old and beyond. Talk about more "Bang for your Buck!".
The Kanga-XT has several features that won't be found on other carriers;
•Side extensions instead of pleats, darts, and deep contours
•High 7" padded head/backrest.
•Low 16" sides for easy "arms out"
•A carrier to grow with.
i bought this lovely carrier from an MBW mama (who bought it over from TBW FSOT)
bought it in July when Faris was almost 13mo.
it's Melrose prints on Jalapeno canvas strap. Comes with a printed flat hood (removable).
the XT is the one on the right. Next to it was my 1st SSC (16" O&A -- sold to another mama). i love the print, though flowery but the colour is gender neutral (GN)
my 1st try. Faris was almost 13mo, weighed about 9kg.
- pretty print!
- though the strap colour is not my most fav colour, but it's ok, as long as it's GN and easy to match!
- it's standard size. I almost cinch it to minimun setting. Very comfy. No shoulder strains.
- it's straight strap, but i can do backcarry without the chest strap.
- it has the legs extension, so no webbing touching my LO's skin!
- legs extension also extends the base from 14" to 17"
- no webbing waist -- all fabric. nice.. no digging but hard to re-adjust. Esp if need to reset after sharing with DH
- it's straight 3-pcs structured waist -- i love the 3-pcs waist-- it moulds my waist nicely
- it can be use at waist (unlike O&A, it is preferable wear at hips due to curved waist). So u can have high backcarry with XT! (in fact with other Kangas - J & X too)
- cool. Since Faris always i repeat ALWAYS sleeps when carried, this headrest really a saviour. I dont have to worry to put on a hood. I never use my removable hood with XT! i guess i never need one!
- some says the headrest looks like a space gear or something but it does serve its purpose!
- webbing chest strap comes with the carrier. But easily displaced i think.. i prefer if the hest strap is secured in a 'rail' like on KP!
- if u are customing, u can ask for fabric chest strap...
- it's a great carrier, that i dont regret buying, seriously!
- the waist is the COMFIEST waist i ever tried. (i've tried O&A, Beco, Angelpack, DC and Bamberoo, yet to try KP)
- Faris felt weightless, but with time (now he's almost 16mo), sometimes i can feel the shoulder strains, but it still bearable! esp if i loosen the shoulder strap. Probably his weight is pulling my shoulder. But when i tighten the strap, i felt him too 'squeezed' against my body. Perhaps i need a carrier with seatdart so he can sit more comfortably, or not?
- i wish he'll be a bit taller than he is now, so he can arms out quite easily. Though i know he loves to arms in, but if he's arms out, he looks comfier rather than the 'terkepit-look' with arms in!
what i wished on my XT:
- webbing keepers -- to keep the excess webbing, like my O&A
- rail for the chest strap
but these are minor.... i can live without it :P
- DH says: the carrier is very hard to adjust (the waist setting esp). He hates it! (he keeps comparing with my ex-O&A erghhh geram betul!! cos he made me feel guilty for selling the O&A, but now not anymore cos i have other carriers to replace the O&A hihihih) but he never tries backcarry. I dont know how to convince him to :((
confession: I'm going to make a custom XT in Marimekko print. I want it in purple or eggplant straps this time... i always want a purple carrier --- it's GN. I cant do pink but i dont like the boring blue boyish colour!!! (so, this carrier is going for sale when my slot is up... )
Faris slept in the XT... i dont need hood... his head is secured!
Thursday, October 7, 2010
this year, the theme is - Safe Babywearing : Enjoy the Benefits
come & join Malaysian Babywearers Walk this Saturday.
let's wear your baby & enjoy the benefits...
Sunday, October 3, 2010
WC RS Fresh grapes
WC RS Gira 00
Mamapatch Silk RS -- pada Nonnie
Apootaern Reversible Linen RS -- travelling
CJ RS - Hawaiian Sunset
CJ RS -- otw
TBL Silk RS
L: Apootaern RS -- went travelling to MBW mamas; R: my 1st RS, sold to a happy mama
my WC RS
my latest edition -- Comfy Joey RS, love the colour!!
MLC pouch -- donated to MBW library
Black DIYed MT (by Dian)
Tea Time Tomato Melkaj
my DIYed MT
my 1st custom MT -- Melkaj Tea Time Tomato reverses to appliques -- pretty!!
Girasol Fire & Ice -- for sale
Natibaby Purple Palla Ussheri -- for sale
Girasol Symphuo -- travelling
Girasol Earth Rainbow
Symphuo (top) & Fire & Ice wraps (middle)
pretty purple Palla
Kanga J - SpyroGyro on Sapphire
Kanga XT - Melrose on Jalapeno
Bamberoo SV Red mini marimekko reverse to Blue Owl Roll Call -- otw
another ssc - otw
Beco 4th Gen
beco 4th gen
left: my first SSC O&A -- sold; right- my XT -- my best-est SSC!!
PTDC Neo -- love the strap colour, but i can't do curved waist!! :(
my gorgeous Kanga J
my 1st custom SSC -- Bamberoo SV Red Mini Marimekko reverses to blue Owl Roll call -- wait with me :D
stash shot (as of June 2010) -- "ini sume, SAYA yang punya..."
Faris dah besar
well... AM I STASHIFIED? Will I ever be??
lama nye tak update blog.
bila last update pon dah tak ingat...
now dah 15 months.
dia dah jalan sejak umo 13 bulan. masa tu (bulan 7) aku gi Singapore ada Intensive Course on Infection Control utk 2 minggu.. phewhhh sedey masa nak tinggalkan diorang. Tapi weekend tu aku balik naik bas. Utk jumpe bebudak comots tu & daddy dia and anta EBM balik..
alhamdulillah stock banyak, so mmg takde masalah.
Dok sana plak, ada peti ais besar (we all sewa bilik kat NUS). so dapat la pam & store.
balik2 je dari singapore, dia dah bleh jalan... alololo... dah besar dah anak mummy :D
sejak dari before puase tu, aku nye susu dah berkurang. Satu hari paling banyak pon 7-8oz je.. sangat sedey. Sib baik stock masih banyak... tp sbb stock banyak la buat aku tak kisah pam dapat ciput...
bulan pose pon gitu....
now??? lepas pose/raye plak, paling banyak dapat pam -- 5oz iskk...
last week, ada 3 hari aku lupa pam, sibuk & lupa!! masyaAllah teruk punya alasan!! selalu pam kul 11-12, tp sbb production dah kurang, time tu selalu lom engorged, kul 3 ke atas baru engorged baru la teringat lom pam... aiyooo...
semalam aku bukak freezer, ni lah baki yang ada (sob sob sob)
- July : 23 plastik x 7oz
- August : 10 plastik x 5oz
- September : 7 plastik x 5 oz
arghh... RED ALERT!! RED ALERT!!!
now tgh stress agaknye, banyak sangat deadlines...
so now aku kena cuba jugak at least dapatkan 10oz, utk 50z supply next day, 5oz ganti stok... Faris kadang2 munim 10oz, kadang2 lebih, kadang2 kurang...
ni kena usaha lagi ni-- minum horlicks, minum air longan kering, alfalfa, biskut oatmeal bla bla bla...